Adopt a cat
We follow a set procedure when homing cats to ensure that the right cat is matched with the right person. If you feel you are ready for the commitment of rehoming a cat please read the information below:
1. Take a look at our website for cats and kittens that are looking for a home
2. A home visit is carried out as standard to ensure we home the right cat with you. It also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about homing
3. If you are in rented accommodation a letter from the landlord giving permission to have a cat will be required
4. After the home visit is carried out, you can come and visit some of the cats we have for homing and choose your new family member
All cats that come into our care are
- Checked by a veterinary surgeon
- 4 weeks insurance on being homed
Cats Protection asks adopters for a fee of £50 when rehoming a cat. If you feel able to make a donation on top of the fee that would, of course, be gratefully received. We know times are hard so thank you for your decision to rehome a CP cat.
To enquire about the cats & kittens on our website please contact us on 0345 647 2185.
Cats listed as a private arrangement are not in the care of Cats Protection. We are featuring these cats on our website as a service and give as much information as we can - but we make no claim to accurate knowledge of the cats, their health, vaccination status, whether they are neutered, micro-chipped, etc. The details have been provided by the owner, and have been accepted by Cats Protection as being accurate at the time of posting. If you are interested in re-homing, please contact the person mentioned in the information directly.
There is no adoption fee for this direct homing Service - but you may wish to make a donation to the branch, which would be much appreciated.
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 0345 647 2185